The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) has announced “Composite Materials for Aircraft Structures – Third Edition” book of the month for April 2021! It is the Fifth Anniversary of its publication as part of the AIAA Education Series. The editors of the Third Edition, Alan A. Baker and Murray L. Scott, ACS Australia Chairman, were supported by a large team of experts in the field, all of whom contributed their extensive aircraft design and composite materials knowledge to the book. Since the book was first published, thousands of copies have been sold world-wide and it has even been translated into other languages.
“This book covers almost every technical aspect of composite aircraft structures, including raw materials, design, analysis, manufacture, assembly, and maintenance. It was first published as part of the AIAA Education Series 35 years ago, and it continues to serve very effectively to provide both university students and aerospace engineers with an introductory and reference book on composite structures. Like the thousands before them, I look forward to seeing many new readers also benefitting from this remarkable book.” – Murray L. Scott
Contributors from today’s ACS Australia team include:
- Paul Falzon – General Manager
- Rodney Thomson – Engineering Manager
- Rowan Paton – Principal Engineer
- K.H. Leong – Senior Engineer
As an added bonus for being book of the month, it is on sale now!
Follow this link to purchase the hard cover book: https://arc.aiaa.org/doi/book/10.2514/4.103261?
Publication Date: September 30, 2016 / ISBN (print): 978-1-62410-326-1
Table of Contents
- 01 – Introduction and Overview
- 02 – Basic Principles of Fiber Composite Materials
- 03 – Fibers for Polymer Matrix Composites
- 04 – Polymeric Matrix Materials
- 05 – Component Form and Manufacture
- 06 – Quality Assurance
- 07 – Structural Analysis
- 08 – Mechanical Property Measurement
- 09 – Mechanical Properties of Composite Systems
- 10 – Joining of Composite Structures
- 11 – Design Issues
- 12 – Airworthiness Considerations for Airframe Structures
- 13 – Through-Life Damage Detection and Monitoring of Composite Structures
- 14 – Repair Technology
- 15 – Three-Dimensional (3D) Fiber-Reinforced Composites
- Supporting Materials
ACS Australia is world renowned in the field of composite materials with 30 years’ experience. We continue to work on aircraft structural design & analysis and manufacture of composite components, as well as serve a wide range of other industries – connect with us today!